Destroy Illegal Immigrant Amnesty Argument in Three Minutes
First…stop debating their “premise”, it’s most likely just a red herring anyway. The issue is a national issue and should be based on the good of our country and not emotions. There are billions of people in the world that would climb a fence or ride in a trunk if that’s all it took to get into the USA. We can’t support billions here so those unfortunate people will have to have their own revolutionary war and if they wish, copy our constitution.
If any of the 11-20 million illegal Mexicans are reading this, let me point out that there are just 259,000 active duty military in the Mexican Armed Forces. Just counting your countrymen in the USA, you outnumber them between 42:1 and 77:1.
To the point…destroying the faux reasons for amnesty.
Ask if they understand the concept of sin tax.
Sin Taxes or Sumptuary taxes are ostensibly used for reducing transactions involving something that society considers undesirable, and is thus a kind of sumptuary law. Sin tax is used for taxes on activities that are considered socially undesirable.
One of the reasons for the support of increased cigarette taxes among public health officials is that many studies show that this leads to a decrease in smoking rates.The relationship between smoking rates and cigarette taxes follows the property of elasticity; the greater the amount of the tax increase, the fewer cigarettes that are bought and consumed.
Ask if they understand the effects of supply and demand on pricing.
In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity.
The four basic laws of supply and demand are:
- If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
- If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
- If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
- If demand remains unchanged and supply decreases, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
Ask them to resolve the last two questions as they apply to allowing millions of new workers into a country.
Summerize if they can not or will not…
- Governments control market forces by passing laws to promote or discourage things they want to see changed.
- An increase in the supply of a thing with no increase in demand will cause the price of the thing to decrease.
- Democrats and Republicans want more more people for various reasons
- An increase in the supply of workers that are after a fixed number of jobs will cause a decrease in rate of pay
I’m not sure there is a plainer simpler way of showing someone that the politicians in Washington are a bunch of greedy, selfish traitors, willing to destroy the American dream for millions of people for their own self interests.